moderated Re: how do you underline a word?

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 04:46 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
One caveat that will be obvious to people with sight but not those without: if you underline, italicize or bold something and then continue typing right away, the newly typed text will also be underlined, etc. What I do to prevent this from happening is to add a comma after the text I’m about to underline. When I’ve completed the underlining, I add a space after the comma, then delete the comma, which won’t have been underlined. Of course, if you want a comma there anyway, all the better.
-
Just to add to this concept, anything after the text you intend to highlight will do.  I'll often type the next word, or even complete the sentence, then go back to the first word I want to have formatting applied to, complete my selection, and hit the key or keys to get the formatting I want.

CTRL + B    Bold
CTRL + I    Italic
CTRL + U   Underline

And a couple of less frequently used ones:

CTRL + =  Subscript drop
CTRL + Shift + Plus Sign  Superscript lift

    ~ William Plomer