moderated Re: Jaws scripting and job success questions

Phillip Gross

Hi, Mike. I don’t know how to script. I’ve considered learning it, but I’ve never gotten around to it.

I’ve only had accessibility issues on the job where scripting was considered one time. At that time the company was perfectly willing to pay for it. If you think about it, they already purchased JAWS. They had made an investment in me, so they wanted to make it pay off. Unfortunately, after speaking to, at the time Freedom Scientific, they discovered that scripting wouldn’t help. There was no way to make this proprietary software accessible.

As far as job sites, I would start with LinkedIn and Indeed if I were you. If you want remote jobs, look at Flex Jobs. There is a small monthly charge to use, but, in my opinion, it’s worth it.