moderated Jeff Lukacsena: work around for PDF files

Jeff Lukacsena

Hi List,

First, I tried to download Acrobat Adobe DC. It said the file on my computer was the most recent.

Then I tried to uninstall Adobe Acrobate. I could not find it under programs in the control panel.

Then, I remembered I had a disc for Kurzweil 100. I had to uninstall it a while back to conserve memory, then my Windows had to be reinstall due to not allowing Windows update to run correctly. I called the Microsoft Disability line a couple of weeks ago and they helped me to reinstall Windows 10.

So then I ran the install of Kurzweil, they asked for my serial number, and it’s not on the DVD cover like they used to put that in Braille. So I had to go to my old Dell laptop wait for about 10 minutes to get it to boot, then open Kurzweil over there, and copy the serial number.

Then I got Kurzwel up on my Lenovo laptop and typed in the serial number.

Then I pulled the PDF into Kurzweil and then saved it as a text file.

That took a total of 1.5 hours.

Adobe is on Lenovo, but there is no Save as text, so I will just be using Kurzweil.

Next step is to try and get my Lenovo laptop to recognize my scanner. I have a stack of books that I could not find on Bookshare. Does anyone recommend any other book websites that I can look up books and download them in BRF, Word, or text, EPub, no Kindle.

Thanks,

Jeff