moderated Re: Jeff Lukacsena: question on Adobe

Bill White

Hi, Curtis and Gerald. I don't think much of the Save as Text option in the file menu of Adobe Acrobat DC. On some of my documents, once I convert the pdf to text, each word of the converted text file is on a new line. The pdf did not read this way, with each word on a separate line.

What I do instead is this,

1. Make sure Adobe Acrobat is set to read the entire document.

2. Open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat DC.

3. Once all the text is displayed, press CONTROL plus A to select the entire text.

4. Copy selected text to the clipboard with CONTROL plus C.

5. Close the document.

6. Open a blank text file in Notepad.

7. Paste the text residing on the clipboard into the blank document, and save it.

8. Voila! you have converted your pdf into a readable text file.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...