From: "Marty Hutchings" <mhutchings152730@gmail.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2021 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: Has Windows finally developed a screen curtain like Apple has for Voice over

When did this first become available in JAWS? I just discovered that it works in JAWS 2019.

On 10/7/2021 6:39 AM, Sameer wrote:

Dear Turab,

You can use the "Screenshade" feature in JAWS to prevent others from looking over your shoulder when you type sensitive details. The Screenshade can be turned on or off with the keystroke, JAWS key + Spacebar, followed by F11. This keystroke is a toggle keystroke.

Regards
Sameer Latey

On 07-10-2021 04:56 pm, Steve Nutt wrote:
No, and I'm glad of it too.

The trouble with screen curtains is if your device crashes and the screen doesn't come on, you can't get sighted help.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close