moderated Re: Jeff Lukacsena: cassette to mp3 for cds

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Another option would be to buy an inexpensive digital recorder, hook the output of the cassette player or deck up to the 3.5mm input on the digital recorder and record away. When you are done you plug the digital recorder into your computer where it would show up as an external drive and copy the recording to the computer in MP3 form which is what these recorders usually record in.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: October 5, 2021 3:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jeff Lukacsena: cassette to mp3 for cds

Well…he said he already found the specific product online. I couldn’t, so I was wondering exactly what page he was looking at.

USB shouldn’t really have line noise, should it? Not saying it’s necessarily the greatest thing for audio transfer and if you have a mixer you should certainly use that…, but you sure that’s what the extra noise you are getting is from?