moderated Re: On-screen Keyboard Loads at Start-up Despite Being turned Off in Settings
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi, Ed. To make sure the on-screen keyboard is turned off completely, try the following,
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Press the letter E until Ease of Access is spoken, and press ENTER.
3. Press SHIFT plus TAB once until you hear, Change sign-in settings Link, and press ENTER.
4. Make sure the following two items are not checked,
Type without the keyboard (On-Screen Keyboard) at sign-in
Type without the keyboard (On-Screen Keyboard) after sign-in
5. TAB to Apply, and press ENTER.
6. TAB to OK, and press ENTER.
7. This may fix your issue of the on-screen keyboard coming up before or after sign-in.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Ed Culpepper
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 12:03 PM
Subject: On-screen Keyboard Loads at Start-up Despite Being turned Off in Settings
Fellow Jawboners –
I have on-screen keyboard turned off in settings. Nevertheless, when I start up my computer it loads prior to the Windows log-in screen. I have to kill the on-screen keyboard with Alt-F4.
How can I keep the on-screen keyboard from loading?
I am using Windows 10 and Jaws 2021 latest editions.
Many thanks for any help eliminating this persistent annoyance.
J Edward Culpepper, PhD