moderated Re: clearing cash/cookies

Madison Martin

So why is it necessary to clear cash/cookies? Don’t browsers have their own privacy settings?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: October 5, 2021 2:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: clearing cash/cookies

I routinely clear browser cache on a routine basis, but seldom clear anything but individual cookies.

Utilities such as BleachBit and System Ninja both make this easy and painless, and for all (or at least most, they handle all the commonly used) browsers in one fell swoop.  The thing is, you need to have the browser closed, but that's easily done.

And, for some reason, when it comes to Chrome specifically, either one of those utilities is much faster than Chrome's own history clearing for cache when "all time" (which is what I want in every case) is selected.

    ~ William Plomer