moderated Re: On-screen Keyboard Loads at Start-up Despite Being turned Off in Settings

Mario

press the windows key, type onscreen, arrow down to and enter on Turn the On-Screen Keyboard on or off, System settings, Press right to switch preview. JAWS will eventully announce the setting and if it is on or off. Press the spacebar to toggle it off if it is on.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Ed Culpepper [mailto:eculpepper1@comcast.net]
Subject: On-screen Keyboard Loads at Start-up Despite Being turned Off in Settings
Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 3:02 PM
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Fellow Jawboners –

I have on-screen keyboard turned off in settings. Nevertheless, when I
start up my computer it loads prior to the Windows log-in screen. I have
to kill the on-screen keyboard with Alt-F4.

How can I keep the on-screen keyboard from loading?

I am using Windows 10 and Jaws 2021 latest editions.

Many thanks for any help eliminating this persistent annoyance.

Ed Culpepper__

__

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama