moderated J2022 Beta 2 Download Link, What's New + Report Form
Okay the Beta 2 for J2022.2109.84 is out. Below is the download link, what's new in Jaws with this release and a link to the Beta report form webpage.
What's new in Beta 2:
Enhancements in JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion 2022 Public Beta 2
The following is a list of improvements made between Public Beta 1 and Public Beta 2. Note that while many customer-reported enhancements are included
in this release, the following is a list of more notable changes.
Enhancements in JAWS 2022 Public Beta 2
New Layered Keystrokes for Selecting a Sound Card for Speech Output
In some instances, Windows may switch to a different sound device, causing you to lose speech from JAWS or Fusion. A couple examples of this could be when
you plug in another sound device which becomes the new default or when you are using a Bluetooth headset and you start a call on Teams or Zoom, causing
Windows to switch the sound device.
If these situations occur, you can now press INSERT+SPACEBAR, followed by V, and then C to access the new Sound Cards layer. Once in this layer, use UP
or DOWN ARROW to cycle through all sound cards available on your system. JAWS attempts to announce each sound card as you move to it. Once you find the
sound card you want to use for speech, press ESC to exit the layer. Note that the list of available devices does wrap, so continuing to press DOWN ARROW,
cycles through them all.
list of 12 items
• When splitting your audio, it is no longer necessary to be focused in a particular application before performing the keystrokes. Now, regardless of what
application currently has focus, JAWS speech will be routed to one speaker, while audio from all other applications will be routed to the other speaker.
• When performing a new install of 2022 on a computer where a previous version (2020 or 2021) is installed, there is now a new check box on the initial
setup screen where you can choose whether or not to silently migrate settings from the prior version. Clear this check box if you do not want to migrate
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was not reading search results on the Windows 11 Start Screen.
• Resolved an issue reported by several international users where Settings Center and Quick Settings were displaying in English instead of the user's specific
• When navigating a table in Google Docs, JAWS now announces the current row or column after reading the cell contents. Additionally, if you have turned
off the anouncement of table cell coordinates in Quick Settings, JAWS now only reads the cell contents as expected when using the table reading commands
• Addressed an issue where JAWS was not indicating the start of commented text in Google Docs when navigating by word.
• Addressed many reported issues with reading messages in Outlook 365.
• If Show as Conversations is enabled in Outlook, addressed a reported issue where the current message or conversation was not displayed in braille while
navigating the list.
• Added the CTRL+U keystroke to Windows Keys help (INSERT+W) for Outlook. This command marks the current message as unread.
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was not announcing the Date picker button when creating a meeting request in Outlook.
• When focused in an Outlook message list, such as the Inbox, the Customize Outlook Message List option is no longer available in the Run JAWS Manager
dialog box (INSERT+F2). This is by design as this feature no longer applies to these types of Outlook 365 lists.
• When using INSERT+WINDOWS+F4 to manually close JAWS in situations where it has stopped working correctly, resolved an issue where JAWS was not automatically
restarting and creating the memory dump file that contains diagnostic information for Freedom Scientific.
Beta Report Form URL:
Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"