moderated Re: can Jaws or narrator work in "clean boot" mode

John Covici

OK, thanks, maybe I can try it, then.

On Sat, 02 Oct 2021 11:52:40 -0400,
Richard Turner wrote:

If you set Narrator to launch at startup, then it should work since it is a Microsoft product.
Jaws will not work, but Narrator will get you up and running.
Narrator works when setting up a new computer before any software has been installed so I'm quite sure you will be fine with Narrator.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." - Jane Wagner

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Covici
Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021 8:49 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: can Jaws or narrator work in "clean boot" mode

Hi. In talking to a Microsoft engineer, he wants me to boot into clean boot mode -- i.e. disabling all non microsoft services and startup items. Will Jaws, or narrator still work in that mode, or can I tweak things so they will work?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una