moderated Re: Outlook saga continues

kevin meyers

What is odd, I never had this problem until I got this new laptop. I always closed Outlook by pressing alt f4. Then I could shut down the laptop and never got the message. Is there a way for various programs not go to the system tray?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 3:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook saga continues

Hi,

Alt F4 doesn’t close Outlook to my knowledge, it continues to run in the system tray.

I think you’d have to select Exit from the File ribbon.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: 30 September 2021 23:35
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook saga continues

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook 2016 and Jaws 2021. After everything looked to be fixed with the various emails, now I get a message when shutting down saying applications are running. One is Outlook and the other is Jaws. Jaws is okay to leave running. I looked at the task manager and Outlook is running in the back ground. I stop the running by pressing the delete key. I then can shut down. If I go into Outlook again, exit Outlook and then shut down I get the message about it still running. I go back to task manager and it is in the background. I stop it. I then go to the desktop where is the Outlook shortcut and press enter on it. Nothing happens. What would cause Outlook to remain running even though I got out of it by pressing alt f4? Why would it not let me back into Outlook even though I stopped it from running in task manager? Thanks, Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.