moderated Re: Accessible antivirus software

Gerald Levy

Is this your personal opinion, or do you have evidence from a reliable source that Kaspersky anti-virus provides "better" anti-virus protection than Windows Defender?  There have been rumors that Kaspersky Labs has close ties to the Russian government and may have even been involved in recent hacking incidents.  Even if these rumors are untrue, why take any chances when Windows Defender has proven itself to be reliable and is completely JAWS accessible?

Gerald

On 10/1/2021 6:49 AM, Emre Rencber wrote:
I recommend Kaspersky Free for normal users as basic protection. Kaspersky Free is better then Defender.

iPhone’umdan gönderildi

Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...> şunları yazdı (1 Eki 2021 12:28):

I am not here to say how lousy or not good it is for Microsoft defender.
But for a normal user who just wants the basic protection, it just works, then stick with it.

but if you want more functions, like family protection with 10 computers and unlimited android and IOS protection, you are the one who is taking care of your whole family devices or your mother is far far away from you, then go for a cloud base security like sophos home.

You can just ask them to install the sophos home, then you can set it up at your end from the website. All done remotely.
if it's malicious code, sophos will let you know. You can even set up, daily or weekly scan at your end, without asking someone non-technically to do that.

but if you are just using your computer, you are the only one, then, stick with the microsoft defender.

The function of cloud protection is just, scalable, manageability and easy for the person taking care of it.
Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 at 16:34, Emre Rencber <emrerencber@...> wrote:
Windows Defender is very accessible. But it is'nt good antivirus. Kaspersky is partially accessible but it is very vell.

iPhone’umdan gönderildi