moderated Re: Outlook saga continues

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I find it is often  more reliable to shut down Outlook using Alt + F for the File menu and the pressing X for Exit instead of using Alt + F4.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: September 30, 2021 3:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook saga continues

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook 2016 and Jaws 2021. After everything looked to be fixed with the various emails, now I get a message when shutting down saying applications are running. One is Outlook and the other is Jaws. Jaws is okay to leave running. I looked at the task manager and Outlook is running in the back ground. I stop the running by pressing the delete key. I then can shut down. If I go into Outlook again, exit Outlook and then shut down I get the message about it still running. I go back to task manager and it is in the background. I stop it. I then go to the desktop where is the Outlook shortcut and press enter on it. Nothing happens. What would cause Outlook to remain running even though I got out of it by pressing alt f4? Why would it not let me back into Outlook even though I stopped it from running in task manager? Thanks, Kevin