moderated Outlook saga continues

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook 2016 and Jaws 2021. After everything looked to be fixed with the various emails, now I get a message when shutting down saying applications are running. One is Outlook and the other is Jaws. Jaws is okay to leave running. I looked at the task manager and Outlook is running in the back ground. I stop the running by pressing the delete key. I then can shut down. If I go into Outlook again, exit Outlook and then shut down I get the message about it still running. I go back to task manager and it is in the background. I stop it. I then go to the desktop where is the Outlook shortcut and press enter on it. Nothing happens. What would cause Outlook to remain running even though I got out of it by pressing alt f4? Why would it not let me back into Outlook even though I stopped it from running in task manager? Thanks, Kevin