Re: Karen -- Your Alternative Solution

Karen Hughes <khughes8@...>

Dave Johnston, I did not do research on comparison on programs because I didn't know it was expected of me. nor do I think it is my job. if anyone wants to know the difference between programs they have computers and they can check it out themselves. there have been several emails by different folks complaining about problems with the jaws upgrades. I think it is sad that blind people have spent their money on these upgrades for jaws and disappointed with bad upgrades. in my mind if you purchase an upgrade it should work and be an improved version. it should not be with problems and be of lesser quality. it has just left me to scratch my head and wonder who is stirring the ship. it is a free country and we are left to check out the competition as to what else is out there good luck with your research, Karen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farfar, Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:28 PM
Subject: Karen -- Your Alternative Solution

Karen,

You've been a staunch advocate of not updating JAWS and seeking out the alternatives that are available at no cost, such as NVDA.

After your recent suggestion, I've asked politely if you would highlight the comparisons between JAWS and NVDA (we know about the price difference) and give us some perspective, from your experience, as to why it would make sense to not continue to purchase JAWS upgrades.

Looking back at past messages, I've noticed that you occasionally post in a sort of "shoot and run" to suggest your opinions on no-cost or low-cost alternatives to JAWS and FS, but I have failed to see any substantive information to support your point of view in follow-up messages.

So I throw down the gauntlet, so to speak and ask for you to give us something to "chew on" with regard using NVDA in lieu of JAWS in the Enterprise environment.

I am sincerely interested. Thanks!

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a Dell Latitude E6520, JAWS 13.0.718, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit