moderated Re: JAWS 2022 provides a way to avoid AutoMigration feature

Steve Nutt

Yep, it’s a bit unhappy at the moment the beta.

I even found an Email where it wouldn’t read the subject line at all in the message list of Outlook 365. Going back to JAWS 2021, it worked.

So don’t try the beta, unless you want to have fun, or know what you’re doing, or at least if you do, keep the 2021 JAWS shortcut handy on the desktop with a keyboard hotkey so you can easily swap.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: 30 September 2021 00:16
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 2022 provides a way to avoid AutoMigration feature

Lucky you.  I made the mistake of downloading the beta and had to go back to 21, because of frequent crashes.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 9/29/2021 7:11 PM, Bill White wrote:

I don't know if the beta migrates settings, but since I never installed the beta, when JAWS 2022 comes out, I'll be able to decide whether I want to migrate settings or not.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 1:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 2022 provides a way to avoid AutoMigration feature

However, wouldn't the settings already be migrated with the installation of the beta?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 9/29/2021 4:40 PM, Bill White wrote:

I just heard on the latest FS podcast that, due to feedback, there will be a checkbox in JAWS 2022 that will allow those who wish to do so, to avoid the AutoMigration feature. By default, this check box will be checked, so it won't be inconvenient for those who want to AutoMigrate, but for those of who don't want to AutoMigrate, we will now be able to uncheck this check box, and avoid having settings migrated from JAWS 2021 to JAWS 2022. I am happy that they made this change from their initial plans.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.