moderated Re: Computer won't allow me too install windows 11.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 07:23 PM, David Diamond wrote:
And my bigger concern is it would have the speed of a turtle.
-
An i5 processor with 8GB RAM will not be lightning fast, but it also should not be painfully slow, either.  And if you wanted to spend just a bit more money once you have it making the investment in a bit more RAM and, even more importantly in my opinion, getting an SSD can make it very much faster, particularly at boot.

Most modern processors can handle Windows 10 with ease, and the i5, even in early generations, is a modern processor.  But whether you're using Windows 10 or an earlier Windows, an SSD makes things significantly more "peppy" in the performance department.  Having no moving parts, no seek time to access data like a spinner does, cuts out what makes HDDs slow by comparison.

And machines that are refurbished by their actual manufacturers tend to come out of that process virtually like new.  Companies like HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, etc., know that if they're selling refurbished machines their reputation is at stake if they send out refurbs that are not going to work, work well, and be durable.  And many of these machines are business class machines that came off lease, and they are more durable by design.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.