moderated Re: Question about Windows Defender

Marianne Denning

I tried that and I still ended up on Epsilon to reset my FaceBook password. I know it sounds crazy but it is true.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 1:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about Windows Defender

That doesn't sound right, no third party should be involved for resetting your Facebook password and if you open a browser and type www.facebook.com or m.facebook.com into the address bar you certainly should end up on

Facebook and not some other site.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: September 28, 2021 4:58 PM

I assume so  but I don’t know for sure. It is what I have to use to reset my FaceBook password. I guess FaceBook has contracted with them to handle this.

Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 6:37 PM

Could you actually explain what this "epsilon" that you get redirected to is?

When I googled it there is a website called episolon.com, the title says "The leader in outcome-based marketing | Epsilon", is that the one?

Sent: September 28, 2021 2:17 PM

When I type in anything related to FaceBook it takes me to Epsilon to set up my new password. My frustration is this has happened 3 times in about 6 weeks and it is extremely frustrating. I wondered if it could be a virus or something similar.

Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 5:13 AM

If the messages come from Facebook I don't see what it has to do with Windows Defender. You might simply want to go ahead and change it and it will probably fix the issue. I have actually seen notifications in the iOS keychain app where for some less important logins where I have a comparatively simple password it says that this password has been identified to be part of some password leak and I should change it. Maybe the messages from Facebook are for a similar reason.

Sent: September 27, 2021 1:26 PM
Subject: Question about Windows Defender

I am running Windows Defender and I keep getting messages from FaceBook to change my password. It has happened 3 times in the last month. I know this is not a JAWS question but does anyone have any suggestions about why this is happening? I have a Windows 10 computer and all Windows updates are current.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.