moderated Re: Is there dramatic changes to windows10 most recent version

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 08:48 PM, kevin meyers wrote:
My function keys work without having to press the FN key.
-
I am really not trying to be snarky here, but what is there to "figure out."  When you turn off media keys the precise purpose is to make the function keys work as function keys without the use of the Fn modifier key.  Once media keys are disabled, the use of the Fn modifier key makes the respective function key do its media function.

What you describe is just perfectly normal behavior when media key (or whatever the manufacturer calls it, HP uses Action Keys) functions are disabled in BIOS/UEFI.

    ~ William Plomer