moderated Re: New laptop with Windows 11

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 01:37 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Whether Microsoft allows you to install Office 2010 on a Windows 11 computer I don't know
-
If you've got the install media, and a license, you can definitely install way-out-of-support versions of Office.  I, like you, don't recommend it.

Right now the earliest version I'd even consider using on a new machine is Office 2016, and that's getting harder and harder to source, but it's still out there.  Ideally, for an installed version, either 2019 or 2021 would give you the longest support life.

    ~ William Plomer