moderated Re: Computer won't allow me too install windows 11.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

And it is not anything an average computer user would have or know about. Joseph, I don't want to sound overly critical here, but I think as a very knowledgeable power user you sometimes give explanations which are far beyond what a normal computer user would know and while I realize there are other very technical people on this list, it might be a good idea to indicate when an answer or explanation you give may not apply to 90% of computer users.

I have been using computers with Jaws since the ending years of DOS in 1989 and the early years of first Windows 3.1 and then Windows 95 and I would consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable, but even I have never felt I needed to set up virtual machines or run virtualization software.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: September 28, 2021 9:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Computer won't allow me too install windows 11.

Hi,

Virtual TPM requires a virtualization software that can emulate such a chip – so far, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware Workstation Pro include virtualized TPM support, with Oracle looking into letting Virtual Box users specify that the physical (or platform) TPM from the host computer be usable from virtual machines. TPM requirement for Windows 11 went into effect across physical and virtual machines as of a preview build released two weeks ago.

Cheers,

Joseph