moderated Re: Computer won't allow me too install windows 11.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

And it is not anything an average computer user would have or know about. Joseph, I don't want to sound overly critical here, but I think as a very knowledgeable power user you sometimes give explanations which are far beyond what a normal computer user would know and while I realize there are other very technical people on this list, it might be a good idea to indicate when an answer or explanation you give may not apply to 90% of computer users.

I have been using computers with Jaws since the ending years of DOS in 1989 and the early years of first Windows 3.1 and then Windows 95 and I would consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable, but even I have never felt I needed to set up virtual machines or run virtualization software.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: September 28, 2021 9:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Computer won't allow me too install windows 11.

Hi,

Virtual TPM requires a virtualization software that can emulate such a chip – so far, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware Workstation Pro include virtualized TPM support, with Oracle looking into letting Virtual Box users specify that the physical (or platform) TPM from the host computer be usable from virtual machines. TPM requirement for Windows 11 went into effect across physical and virtual machines as of a preview build released two weeks ago.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kenny Peyattt jr.
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 9:44 AM

How do you get a virtual tpm chip>

Kenny Peyatt jr.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 8:53 AM

I read on Kim Komando's newsletter, that Microsoft will allow some older computers to install Windows 11 if they sign a waver.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 9:15 PM

Subject: Computer won't allow me too install windows 11.

Good evening everyone, 

Earlier this afternoon, I got in touch with the people from Microsoft’s disability answer desk  and asked them to see if this computer would be able too install windows 11.  Unfortunately, after they ran the windows help thing,  it said that the chip that is in this computer which is a dell 46 hundred, with a one point two   chip wouldn’t  allow windows 11, too be installed.  He said that I would need a chip that has a two point zero chip, or perhaps, that kind of processor.      

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.