moderated Re: JAWS Beta Will Not Read E-Mail Messages

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Outlook 2010 has been out of support for a long time and needs to be updated. People really have to specify if they use such old software and I for one won't even attempt to reply or help because it's pointless. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's no different from somebody who is trying to use Jaws 16 or 17 or even Jaws 18 with the latest Windows 10 build.

I am actually glad Microsoft is setting such a relatively high standard for Windows 11, hopefully you can't even install things like Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 on such a computer any more and we know people who have a Windows 11 computer will need Jaws 2022 or whatever latest version of NVDA so this should really help in getting people up to speed. Falling or staying behind for so many years is not worth it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: September 24, 2021 7:59 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS Beta Will Not Read E-Mail Messages

Hello:

Now I understand. You are running Outlook 2010. This being the case, you should report the problem using the JAWS beta report form. I am aware that JAWS 2022 will no longer work with Windows 7, but so far, nothing is being said about older versions of Office. Apologies.

Kind regards,

Curtis Chong

On Sep 23, 2021, at 10:58 PM, Rick Miller <rm1263@...> wrote:

That’s right, Curtis.  When I press Insert+V and then arrow down through the choices I do not find Legacy anywhere.  I also did what you said to do—after hitting Insert+V do a search for Legacy, but nothing is showing up.  The version of Outlook I am using is Outlook 2010.  I realize this is an old version, and I also realize it might be possible Legacy is not with it.  Maybe Legacy came on a more updated Outlook version.  I don’t know.

Rick Miller