moderated Re: shutting down my laptop with jaws?

Hi,

Perhaps my thought process (thinking about the worst) may have played a part in my earlier response… Apologies.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 12:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: shutting down my laptop with jaws?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 02:04 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

In a way, yes – suppose File Explorer process is terminated somehow.

-
Joseph, that's shifting the goal post.

The context, as far as I can read the original question, is in a normally running instance of Windows 10 or later.  That's the only reason I posed that rhetorical question.

There are all sorts of "fringe situations," for lack of a better term, that really aren't applicable here.  If I have a really, really "frozen" Windows machine where nothing seems to be working the "long press of the power button until it shuts off" is the virtually universal technique of choice.  And it should only ever be used as a last resort if you cannot use a more graceful means to shut down Windows, but they do occur.  And even that is one that falls under the "fringe situation" category that's not directly applicable here.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.