From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 12:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: shutting down my laptop with jaws?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 02:04 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

In a way, yes – suppose File Explorer process is terminated somehow.

-
Joseph, that's shifting the goal post.

The context, as far as I can read the original question, is in a normally running instance of Windows 10 or later.  That's the only reason I posed that rhetorical question.

There are all sorts of "fringe situations," for lack of a better term, that really aren't applicable here.  If I have a really, really "frozen" Windows machine where nothing seems to be working the "long press of the power button until it shuts off" is the virtually universal technique of choice.  And it should only ever be used as a last resort if you cannot use a more graceful means to shut down Windows, but they do occur.  And even that is one that falls under the "fringe situation" category that's not directly applicable here.

    ~ William Plomer