From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: September 23, 2021 12:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: shutting down my laptop with jaws?

Hi,
Actually, there are Windows releases/editions that does not include a
graphical interface. For these, you would use shutdown command from
command-line interface (PowerShell, for example). You can in fact terminate
File Explorer (explorer.exe) from Task Manager provided you have privileges
to do so (I don't recommend messing with Task Manager, including terminating
programs with it unless you know what you are doing).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: Kevin Minor [mailto:kminor65@...]
Subject: shutting down my laptop with jaws?
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 7:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> Hi.

If the laptop has Windows 10 on it, CTRL+ESCĀ  won't bring up a shutdown
menu.

To shut down a Windows 10 laptop, do the following.

Hit WINDOWS+D to get to the desktop.

Press ALT+F4 to get to the shutdown options.

Hope this helps.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly