From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:20 AM
Subject: RE: Jaws 13 and Windows XP Pro?

Claudia,

I use JAWS 13 and XP Pro. For me, as Dave Carlson says, the log-in screen
is spoken by JAWS. However, I know that being part of a network can affect
JAWS' behavior. I have a faint recollection that at some point during my
office life, I had to use other clues to determine when to type in my user
name and network password. I remember listening for the floppy drive to
click in. If there was a lot of noise around, I would rest the tips of my
fingers on the computer in order to feel the change. I doubt you have a
floppy drive, but try to find other clues about the progress of the
computer's booting-up process. It could be that the computer goes quiet,
having done what it can until you trigger the next stage by signing in.

As Dave also suggested, you should encourage your tech staff to contact FS.
You might even call FS yourself to ask if they'd be willing to take the
initiative of contacting your tech people. Be sure to have a name and
contact info ready at hand. FS should be able to help resolve the video
intercept problem you're experiencing. If the particular FS rep you speak to
isn't helpful, ask for Bryan Carver. (This is how he spells his name.) In my
experience and that of others, he is an effective advocate for the workplace
needs of FS's customers.

What model of PC do you have at work?

I had several fights with the tech people at my former office, so I more
than understand your frustration. However, I'm confident you will find the
particular problems you're having can and will be fixed. It's a terrible way
to start a new job, but I hope you will outlast this stage so that you can
soon focus on the work itself.