moderated Re: Outlook closing with particular key command

Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...>

I just tried on my outlook, still working fine.
you might want to do a scanpst or scanost to check if the pst is the problem and it might help to repair it.
there's also a chance, the addons or plugins might be causing the problem. open outlook in safe mode, before you hit enter on outlook shortcut, hold the ctrl key and it will triggle safe mode.
after you do the repair on your pst or ost, and safe mode makes your outlook works fine, then you just need to find out which addons is causing the problem.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Sat, 18 Sept 2021 at 07:21, Mark Fisher <fishsilv@...> wrote:
Hi

Whilst not having this problem with Outlook, I have noticed some intermittent behaviour when in Microsoft Word  at work (same versions of Windows, JAWS and Office365).  A particular key stroke combination around the left hand side of the keyboard using caps, caps lock, tab or something similar whilst navigating in a table, Word was closing down completely and no document recovery was possible.

The frustrating thing is that it is very difficult to reproduce. Has anyone else seen this one?
--
Mark Fisher
Manager - HR Systems