moderated Re: Dell laptops freezing or restarting with Jaws

Cynthia Bruce

Oh, thank you, this might just solve the issues I have been having. I read the thread, and am wondering if removing maxxAudio will cause trouble with my headphones? It seemed, from what I was reading, that the issue was MaxxAudio in combination with the Realtek driver? I may be missing something here though, I realize.

Cynthia

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Phillip Gross
Sent: September 17, 2021 2:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Dell laptops freezing or restarting with Jaws

Here’s a thread I started on this in May of this year. It’s any screen reader, well about Narrator, with MaxxAudio. Both JAWS and NVDA do it. The best option is to remove MaxxAudio and switch to the High Definition Audio driver.

If you’re interested in knowing more, here’s the thread I mentioned. https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/topic/83145938#89882