moderated Re: Dell laptops freezing or restarting with Jaws

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi,

I will have to try this. I thought it was caused by an old USB keyboard, but after I witch to the Logitech K780, the problem disappeared, but then returned. So, I’ll  try this.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claudia
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 2:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Dell laptops freezing or restarting with Jaws

Yes,

I was having this trouble, on a new Dell Inspiron laptop earlier this summer.

Jaws would stop working, after about 30 minutes of use and then resume but would be very, very sluggish.

I asked about this on another list, and it appears to be a problem if Max Audio Pro or Max Audio by Waves is enabled at start-up.

Once I disabled this in task manager, my Jaws became much more reliable and stable.

This is just one idea.

Claudia

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sally Hagarty via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 12:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Dell laptops freezing or restarting with Jaws

Has anyone experienced Dell laptops freezing or randomly restarting when using Jaws 2020? Is there a fix for this?

Sally A Hagarty,MST, ATP

RESNA Certified Assistive Technology Professional

Advancing Opportunities 

C: (609) 955-4512

F:  (609) 882-4054

Check out our new AT Stories video series--real people, real assistive technology success stories! youtube.com/user/assistivetechcenter

INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS EMAIL TRANSMISSION IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS EMAIL, DO NOT READ, DISTRIBUTE OR REPRODUCE THIS TRANSMISSION (INCLUDING ANY ATTACHMENTS). IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS EMAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE SENDER BY TELEPHONE OR EMAIL REPLY.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.