moderated Re: raising/lowering computer volume

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 07:52 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
And I should point out that on pretty much every laptop volume keys exist and for sighted people they are clearly identified and of course just about all half-way decent USB keyboards have volume control buttons or a slider or knob.
-
Thank you.  I don't care what your visual status happens to be, it is up to you as a device owner to actually learn how your device works.

I'm all for accessibility, and have exhibited that repeatedly, but having to "memorize" that something such as FN + F6 is Mute, FN + F7 is volume down, and FN + F8 is Volume up for the device you own is not too much to ask.  It's 100% keyboard accessible.

Not that I'd mind if Windows were to introduce keyboard shortcuts, but it's not up to the OS makers to handle what's generally already available in the hardware.

And, by definition, all accessibility features only benefit a minority.  I worry a lot more about what is actually inaccessible, rather than not accessible by any given user's preferred way.

    ~ William Plomer