moderated Re: raising/lowering computer volume

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I don't disagree with this, but playing devil's advocate I should point out that one could then also ask for many more Windows shortcuts for things which can already be done with your screenreader and which for 99% of users are probably useless because they just click on the little speaker icon with the mouse and do what they need to do. Jaws has both volume and unmuting the soundcard covered since a screen refresh, Jaws Key + Escape, unmutes the default soundcard and raises the volume to a medium level if the soundcard is muted.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: September 13, 2021 2:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: raising/lowering computer volume

Hi, Ben. I agree with you concerning adding Windows universal keystrokes to raise and lower system volume. I don't think you have gone far enough, however. I also believe Microsoft should add a Windows universal keystroke that would toggle muting and unmuting the current sound card. It won't do you any good to raise the system volume if some sighted person has muted sound, and you don't know it, or don't know how to get to where you can unmute the sound, while you have no sound to use for navigation purposes.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...