moderated Re: OT - Accessibility of AT&T Cingular Flip IV

Tim Ford

Hello Richard,

I want to thank you for wanting to share with us the benefits of your work. Unfortunately, there was no attachment to your email. I do not know if attachments are allowed, if not, can the list moderator send it out to us? The other option is for you to place the text into an email to the list.

Thanks again,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 3:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: OT - Accessibility of AT&T Cingular Flip IV

Hi Tim and All!

Indeed, no one knows anything about it, and there is no information on the Internet about it. So, I have had to figure things out myself. Attached with this email is a file called " AT&T Cingular Flip IV Accessibility Guide.docx." it is what I have learned so far. I am not sure if this list allows attachments. Let me know if it does not come through.

There are a number of things I should like to learn more about. They include things like reading and editing of text, "quick keys" (e.g., say the battery, signal or other status) and other things. I am about 75% of the way assessing this phone.

Only because I must change my phone am I exploring this phone. My current phone is 3G. I use my phone only for basic things like calls, texts and contacts. More than that and I turn to my laptop and JAWS. I do not need a smart phone. To be sure, this phone is rudimentary. But, if it works for my basic needs then I can save hundreds of dollars! This phone is free.

I hope you and any others will be able to learn more about this phone, and share it with me. I intend to expand on the guide attached here. If the phone is usable, I will put this guide out on the Internet for the world.

HTH,
Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 6:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: OT - Accessibility of AT&T Cingular Flip IV

I am stuck in the same situation. I took it to an AT&T franchise location, and they told me they knew nothing of this phone and I needed to go to a real AT&T store. That is a long drive. I am stuck with a phone that I cannot even figure out how to turn on and off.

Tim Ford

Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 8:42 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: OT - Accessibility of AT&T Cingular Flip IV

Hi!

I was sent the “AT&T Cingular Flip IV” cellphone recently because my
old cellphone is soon to be incompatible with AT&T’s network.
Apparently, this phone’s OS is “KiaOS” and it has an accessibility feature called “Readout.”
Does anyone know about this cellphone’s accessibility? Does anyone
know where I can find information about “Readout?” Does anyone know
if there is a listing somewhere of key commands (a.k.a., shortcuts)
that can be used for various functions (e.g., time, status, etc.)?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.