From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cohn, Jonathan via groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 9:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: moving cursor to start of current sentence

This sounds like you are in the laptop mode. I have not used the laptop mode for several years, so I might be slightly off.

1. JAWs+u should move backward a line

jaws+i should read current line

jaws+o should read next line

jaws+j should go backward one word

jaws+k  should read current word

jaws+l should read next word

jaws+m should read previous character

jaws+comma  should read current character

jaws+period should read next character

As you can tell this provides most navigation you will need with the caps lock/jaws key and keys that are either on the right hand home row or one position off of it.

I stopped using laptop mode because my caps lock key does not work as a modifier on my current system.  But I did find this a much better way to edit documents and emails than the standard layout.

Jonathan

On Sep 13, 2021, at 08:46, Mark <mweiler@...> wrote:

When reviewing a sentence and deciding it needs to be revised, I'd like to position the cursor at the start of the current sentence and then find the spot to edit by stepping forward words.  JAWS + Y goes to the start of the prior sentence. JAWS + H reads from the current sentence but doesn't move the cursor.