moderated Re: editing inside excel cell

Justin Williams

Right now, copy in into notepad, fix it up, then put it back into the cell until you get the problem figured out.

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 12:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: editing inside excel cell

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that clarification. Since I'm using an older version of Fusion, I never know how that might cause my results to differ. Good to know your Excel editing with the latest version of Jaws is working fine.

Alan 

with Outlook for iOS

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 11:20:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Hi Alan,
Our posts have crossed but  you will see that I don't think it is a Jaws version.  I can edit a cell with multiple email addresses quite easily and I'm running Jaws 2021, latest update, etc.  I'm using the Microsoft 365 version of Excel but that shouldn't matter.
I never uncheck the allow editing in cells, otherwise you have a mess in my experience.

I use Tom Enhanced from Vocalizer, but will be surprised if it is a synthesizer issue.

It could be this is a monster huge excel file and the computer is slowing down, who knows....

This is one that if it continues, asking on the office list might get a good answer, but having Microsoft accessibility log into the machine and see exactly what is happening might be the next best thing.  800-936-5900

Later,

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." - Jane Wagner

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 9:12 AM

Morey,

I've read through the posts on this thread but haven't been following it closely. I'll first say that I'm using Fusion 2020 and Excel 2019 and the latest version of Windows 10 Home. And I've not disabled in-cell editing which others have suggested. I'll also suggest that you subscribe to the Office-accessibility@groups.io list by sending a blank email to office-accessibility+subscribe@groups.io.  I think you might get better assistance from that list.

I expect that Chris might be right that this could be a JAWS version issue.

I had no problems editing a cell containing email addresses whether they were in one cell separated by spaces and whether they were hyperlinks or regular text. After pressing F2, I was able to press the home key and cycle through character by character with Fusion feedback.  And I used your worthington@... email address three times in one cell for this test.

Just out of curiosity, do you get a different result when you place one email address in a cell by itself? I'm not a fan of loading up a single cell with a lot of content of any type but I'm not here to debate procedural issues. I'm just curious whether you get a different result with only one email address in a cell and what JAWS says when you put focus in that cell and if editing it is any different.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Morey Worthington
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 7:47 AM

Hi Ben and all, I am back.

Doing as you recommended, after doing that, went back into cell by using
F2 key, and in there I still cannot get jaws to tell me where I am in the cell. I cannot  get it to recognize anything. let alone get it to delete, etc.

Here is what is in cell..Email addresses each followed by a space, then another one, etc.

Example...(worthington@..., ) then followed by another and so on.

If I have to change a letter in it or even a number, no can do. . Any other thoughts, or as others have recommended, just copy it, do the editing a editor of choice then re-insert it?

I am lost...

Thanks

--
Morey Worthington

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.