moderated Re: Why are basic symbols not being spoken?

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 11:27 AM, Richard B. McDonald wrote:
Either way it ought to be spoken.
-
Richard, what follows is not meant as a personal attack, but what ought to be is not the issue here.

What I'm saying is that you need to test to see if this might be a synth specific thing, just in case it is.

I agree that it makes little sense for a section marker to not be read as "section mark" when encountered, but if it's not, regardless of which synth you use, you then know it has to be a screen-reader setting.  If it changes depending on the synth, then there's likely nothing you can do except choose a different synth or complain to the maintainer of the synth you'd prefer to use about this.

    ~ William Plomer