moderated Re: Please tell me how to unload and reload JAWS safely

Curtis Chong

Hello Shirley:

I ran a JAWS repair on my system last night, and that did not resolve my Outlook issue.

In your downloads folder, you should see something called J2021.2107.12.400-any.exe. You want to be sure you have this program in that folder before removing anything. If you run the program now, without removing JAWS, a JAWS repair will run. This takes about five minutes to do. Try this first and see if your problem is fixed.

Removing JAWS is a bit trickier. If you remove it, you won’t have a screen reader other than Narrator (unless you have NVDA available to you). If you want to do a really clean removal, you must remove the JAWS shared components as well. Run appwiz.cpl from the Windows Run dialog, find JAWS, and bring up the context menu. Uninstall should be there as an option.

Note none of your other stuff is going to be affected by this.

Best regards,

Curtis Chong