moderated Re: Please tell me how to unload and reload JAWS safely

Curtis Chong

Hello:

When you say unload and reload JAWS, are you talking about removing JAWS from your system and then re-installing the program. If this is indeed the case, you can remove JAWS and then re-install it. This has no effect upon any of the programs you use in Windows.

I myself am experiencing frequent crashes of Outlook which are forcing me to stop and then restart Outlook. I believe this is a problem with how JAWS and Outlook are working (or not working) together. Unfortunately, I’m not able to consistently reproduce the problem so that the folks at Freedom Scientific can reproduce the problem on their end.

Kind regards,

Curtis Chong

On Sep 9, 2021, at 6:42 PM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

HI,

I’m having a lot of little challenges with JAWS. Mail is freezing up, and so are other apps. Other little things aren’t right. I called Freedom Scientific, but the tech support person with whom I spoke said it was a Microsoft issue—especially mail. I thought he was right, but more issues have convinced me that I need to reload a new JAWS. So how do I do it without losing my mail and other programs?

Cheerfully,

Shirley