moderated Re: Please tell me how to unload and reload JAWS safely

Don Risavy, Jr.

Use the insert f4 command or numpad0 f4 to unload jaws and then can turn it back on using the hot key if set up of alt ctrl j or the run command followed by the word jaws and the version number for example jaws2021 or can also be done from the windows key by typing jaws and pressing enter.

So hope that helps.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Thursday, September 9, 2021 8:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Please tell me how to unload and reload JAWS safely

HI,

I’m having a lot of little challenges with JAWS. Mail is freezing up, and so are other apps. Other little things aren’t right. I called Freedom Scientific, but the tech support person with whom I spoke said it was a Microsoft issue—especially mail. I thought he was right, but more issues have convinced me that I need to reload a new JAWS. So how do I do it without losing my mail and other programs?

Cheerfully,

Shirley