moderated Re: importing contacts from Gmail to Out

The simple answer is, "Don't."

If you're using Gmail you really want any changes you make in Outlook synced to Gmail, and vice versa, as far as contacts go.  Why Microsoft has not created a graceful interface to third party contacts and calendars I will never understand.

I have recommended both Go Contact Sync Mod and Fruux Basic (if you only have a couple of accounts, as it's paid beyond 2 accounts or two devices - also requires you to create an account with them) when the need arises to sync contact information between Gmail and the Outlook Address Book.

    ~ William Plomer