moderated Re: How to use Find feature in MS Word

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Curtis/all,

While control-f appears not to be working effectively any longer, I use jawskey-contrl-f and it usually works well.

Hope this helps,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Τετάρτη, 8 Σεπτεμβρίου 2021 22:15
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to use Find feature in MS Word

Greetings:

Control f while focused in a document in Word always has worked and continues to work for me. Something peculiar is happening as I believe this is the intended behavior in Word since time immemorial. Now, sometimes, after typing my search string and pressing enter and then escape, I find my focus in not on the word for which I was searching. But if I then press Control with page down, my focus moves where it is supposed t go.

Having Control with f not working in Word  is definitely a problem.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2021 12:16 PM

Hi, Brian. I just tried escape to clear the search dialog, and, not only did it not clear the search dialog, it did what Ann Byrne referred to in her last message. When I pressed CONTROL plus F, JAWS spoke nothing, and there was no search dialog box. This is why I clear the search in the search pane by going to it by using F6, and clearing the search box there.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 10:15 AM

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 12:51 PM, Bill White wrote:

What has changed is that, once you have entered a search term into the search box, it is difficult to get the Find feature to search properly.

-
Bill,

Try hitting Escape once you're done with the current search/find.  That clears the current search term and the next time you hit CTRL+F you're right back where you need to enter it.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.