moderated Re: How to use Find feature in MS Word

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 02:16 PM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Brian. I just tried escape to clear the search dialog
-
Bill,

I think that many of us, and I include myself in this, are really talking at cross-purposes about different things here.  CTRL + F, in Word, has for the longest time opened what is called the Navigation Pane, which contains an edit box very much akin to the Find/Find & Replace dialog, which is an entirely different animal.

I don't have anything more recent than Word 2016 to work with here at home, but I've played with Word 2019 (or think I have at one point) and Word 365 and, at the time I did so, they were behaving precisely as Word 2016 does.

This is an instance where we all have to be very, very aware of precisely what function it is we're actually using, as at one time CTRL + F did invoke the Find Dialog, if memory serves.  It has been so long since I used any version of Word where that was the case, rather than the Navigation Pane coming up, that I honestly cannot be certain my memory is accurate or not.

    ~ William Plomer