moderated Re: Edge blocking downloads.

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

hi, I did the same thing when I did a clean install of a Windows 11 version 22XXX. I don't know why it's doing it it's never done this before but it did it on the last two complete clean installs and they were current versions in my media tool says media creation tool21H1.EXE

Randy Barnett

On Sep 5, 2021, at 9:24 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 as well and that was certainly not my experience because once Edge Chromium is installed it updates itself internally. It would have been interesting to know which version of Edge you had, but it almost sounds like you had the old version of Edge prior to the Chromium based Edge. How did you reinstall Windows? Did you use the Media Creation Tool or did you use an image which maybe was already older and which still had the old Edge on it? It is my understanding that if you create an installation drive using the current version of the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Version 21H1 that you definitely get the chromium based Edge and probably whatever version was out around April or May.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: September 4, 2021 2:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Edge blocking downloads.

The first time i opened edge after the clean install of windows it tromped me to update to the latest version. This took me to the Microsoft page for edge. When I clicked on the link to download the latest version of Edge, Edge blocked its own installer from the official Microsoft website.Beleave it or ont... On 9/3/2021 11:49 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

There is no need to install Edge if you use the 21H1 media creation tool, it already installs Edge and at best Edge would update after everything is done.

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Subject: Edge blocking downloads.
Date: Friday, September 3, 2021, 2:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 02:23 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:

thanks I think it's my system somethings corrupted so I'm gonna
reinstall it.

-
If that's something you're willing and able to do, it's the very best
way to get a known clean baseline of Windows 10 to start from.

If you have too much time invested in having added programs and have
lots of data, you could consider this before a nuke & pave: */Doing a
Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO
file/*
<https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RZiHlLVtXewYBgoSvJNm9_08hj1tALPK>

Using the ISO file method gets you as close to a completely clean
install as you can get without taking "the thermonuclear option" first.

*/It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between
thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly
different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power
to connect the seemingly unconnected./*

    ~ William Plomer