moderated Re: Firefox version 91.2 Jaws2021

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

Not all browsers behave identically. It is certainly more than a simple question of branding. I myself often toggle between Microsoft Edge (Chromium) or Google Chrome with occasional forays into Mozilla Firefox. On my system, Firefox seems to have a problem if, for example, I bring up a list of 600 books in BARD with all of the books displayed on a single page. Google Chrome loads a bit more quickly. Microsoft Edge often generates these verbal alerts telling me that the page is still downloading. Google Chrome does not do this nor does Firefox.

In the end, it all comes down to which performance characteristics you, the user, find helpful and which ones you don’t. Since I do a lot with Google Workspace and Google Meets, Chrome is my “go to” for most (but not all) things.

Kind regards,

Curtis Chong