moderated Re: Edge blocking downloads.

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 12:24 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
It is my understanding that if you create an installation drive using the current version of the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Version 21H1 that you definitely get the chromium based Edge
-
That would be correct.  A fresh (and you do need fresh) copy of the Media Creation Tool (MCT) will actually bear the name of the Version of Windows it builds the ISO for as part of it's name.  I note in several of my tutorials:  "The naming convention for the tool is MediaCreationTool9999.exe, where the 9999 will actually be the Windows 10 Version number for which media will be fetched."

And I always encourage anyone who may happen to have a Windows 10 ISO that the downloaded, even for the current version, one month or more ago to get a fresh copy using the MCT if they need to use it again.  The components used to create the ISO file are updated on a regular basis, and it actually saves you at least some download time (if you choose to download recent updates as part of your install) because fewer of those updates will not already be part and parcel of the ISO as built.

    ~ William Plomer