moderated Re: Restarting JAWS
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
You can also use the Sticky Key feature or change the keystroke, and if you don't want to use the Sticky Key feature use the steps below to change the keystroke to one that's more accessible for you.
How to change the Jaws Dump and restart keystroke.
The default keystroke is, Insert, Windows key, + F4, & I'm going to use , Insert, Control, + T, as the example for changing this keystroke.
1. Open the keyboard manager with the keystroke, Insert + F2 & arrow down to Keyboard Manager & press enter.
2. Press, control, shift, + D, for the default Jaws keystroke manager.
3. You are on default so, tab 1 time to get into the full keystroke list. Now, type the letters, J, A, W, S, & M, and you should land on,
JAWSMemDmp Windows+JAWSKey+F4 default Common
4. Open the menu bar with the, Alt key, right arrow to, Action, down arrow to, Change keystroke, & press enter.
5. Inportant: Do not type / invoke any other key or keystroke other than the 1 you want to use! Press / invoke, the keystroke you want to use. This means
don't type it but press the actual keystroke you'll want to use for this function.
6. Tab to the checkbox, apply to desktop keys only, & uncheck this box, tab to okay & press enter. You'll get a message asking you if you're sure you
want to do this so, tab & press enter on, yes.
Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"
----- Original Message -----
From: Randy Barnett
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2021 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: Restarting JAWS
Change the keyboard layout in jaws to laptop. This will allow you to use the
caps lock key as a jaws key also. Nothing else changes that I can tell. 9/4/2021
5:10 PM, clarence carter via groups.io wrote: