moderated Re: USB stick issue/question

tom x

I also have a USB stick permanently inserted into my desktop which acts as an additional drive. Windows 10 wanted to regularly scan  the new Sandisk 32 gb stick for errors only after about a month. The Sandisk was replaced with a Samsung 32 gb stick and it has been working without problems for nearly 12 months.

As others have suggested, it would be worth doing a few tests with other ports and sticks prior to replacing the stick.

Cheers

Tom