moderated Re: Edge blocking downloads.

Hareth

Try the "internet Options" security settings, enable file downloads in
custom level in security tab.
also see the "reputation based settings" in windows defender,, it has
a lot to do with browsers and downloads.
TC

On 9/4/21, Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@gmail.com> wrote:
I give up on edge. After a clean install of windows and all the updates,
Edge prompted me to download the latest version of Edge. Guess what...
It blocked its own installer.
On 9/3/2021 2:17 PM, Randy Barnett via groups.io wrote:

Well It seems downgrading

from an insider build a while back corrupted my system. Now I have the
same Windows security settings you described. And things are back to
what I am used to. But Edge blocked a download from my One drive
account... Hopefully that is not a sign of what is to come.

On 9/3/2021 12:00 PM, Randy Barnett via groups.io wrote:

It would take longer to get a hold of them than it will to do this. I
have got it down to a 30 minute procedure. I much prefer a clean
install when windows starts having unexplained random glitches.

On 9/3/2021 11:53 AM, Edward Green wrote:

Hi,

Before you go to the bother of reinstalling Windows, you should
definitely call the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk and have them
try and fix it.

Cheers,

Ed

On 3 September 2021 19:51:03 "Mario" <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm wondering if performing a reset of Windows 10 would also work,
maybe?