moderated Re: JAWS not speaking file names in document folders all of a sudden

Bill White

Hi, Cynthia. Maybe your Documents folder got changed from Details View to Tiles View. Before you do anything too radical, try this,

1. Open your Documents folder.

2. Press and hold CTRL + SHIFT.

3. While CTRL + SHIFT are held down, Press the number six on the numbers row, not the number key pad.

4. See if the up and down arrows read the files in Documents now. If they do, your documents were laid out horizontally, instead of vertically, and that's why they wouldn't read.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...