moderated Re: Edge blocking downloads.

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Firefox doesn't block these apps. It's an edge thing I haven't really tried it with chrome I guess I can. But it's all looking like it's my System is corrupt

Randy Barnett

On Sep 3, 2021, at 10:43 AM, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings:

Have you tried doing the same thing with another browser—for example, Google Chrome? This will help me to understand whether this is an Edge problem or something else.

Thanks.

With kind regards,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2021 11:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Edge blocking downloads.

hi thanks for the suggestions reputation face protection is disabled already double checked it on my settings seems to be a little bit different I can't find a couple of things that you have. Know if it's because I'm running pro or if we just have a slightly different build of windows. and under settings browser and applications anything that can be turned off and there's turned off and window smart defender is not installed. I may have to reset windows.

Randy Barnett

On Sep 2, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@att.net> wrote:

Hi, Randy. In the Windows Settings App, under Update and security, in Windows Security, under App and Browser Control, do you have Reputation-based Protection turned off? Specifically, the following check boxes being unchecked may make it easier to download files. Also, there is a SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge setting, not only within Microsoft Edge, but also within the App and Browser Settings I am showing below. Having said that, you still may encounter the browser telling you that a file may be harmful, and asking you to "Keep" or "Discard" the file. Below are some of the settings you may want to look at,

Check apps and files
SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge
Potentially unwanted app blocking
SmartScreen for Microsoft Store apps

I have all of these settings turned off.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net