moderated Re: password for folders?

You really can't do this, per se, without third party software or really convoluted workarounds.  VeraCrypt is one good third party, and open-source, option if you're intent on doing this.  I can't speak to its accessibility, as I don't use it myself and I rely on Windows (and the physical security of my machine, to which I control access) as my primary measures.

Once Windows began substantial enforcement of both file ownership and separate user IDs on a given machine it is the logging in to a specific user ID that is the primary way of keeping others who might use the same machine out of your stuff, and you out of theirs.

    ~ William Plomer